Any one interested in Gozzards?

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2009
2 22 Toronto
Greetings

Any other Gozzard owners here?

Any one interested in Gozzards?
I am as well
However as I kneel here in reverent humility (I won't mention my flotation device) 44' of gozzard boat is an amazing thought. Alas just a thought. ronbo since you have dained to share this amazing experience I have a question. In order for you to full understand I must ask if you are interested in hearing my story, yes a Gozzard story indeed even allegorically it may amuse you. Your permission? Oh Captain, my Captain ......easy now just a thought, a thought.

ronbo

Jan 2, 2009
gozzard 44B mkll md
I am as well
However as I kneel here in reverent humility (I won't mention my flotation device) 44' of gozzard boat is an amazing thought. Alas just a thought. ronbo since you have dained to share this amazing experience I have a question. In order for you to full understand I must ask if you are interested in hearing my story, yes a Gozzard story indeed even allegorically it may amuse you. Your permission? Oh Captain, my Captain ......easy now just a thought, a thought.
Sarmajor,

You have our ear.

Feb 1, 2009
2 22 Toronto
Dear Rondo; with a single ear twixed the two of you I should be catious in my telling of the tail oops tale. I am in the process of beginning a trip to Florida (Indian Shores) for the month of Feb and think I shall wait till I'm comfortably sitting on the beach to begin.
bare opps again (I'm from Toronto and hate winters) bear is what I meant.

Feb 21, 2009
Gozzard 36 Falmouth Foreside
We own a Gozzard 36 based in Falmouth, ME. Bought the boat last year and have really enjoyed her.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
We own a Gozzard 36 based in Falmouth, ME. Bought the boat last year and have really enjoyed her.
Steve is yours the hunter green Gozzard?? There are not too many Gozzard's in Falmouth that I can think of... I think I remember your Camper Nicholson 31 you were fairly close to shore near the nursing home??

Oh and welcome to the boards!!!:)

ronbo

Jan 2, 2009
gozzard 44B mkll md
Octobersteve,

What hull # is your G36?
What do you like and dislike?

Ronbo

Feb 21, 2009
Steve is yours the hunter green Gozzard?? There are not too many Gozzard's in Falmouth that I can think of... I think I remember your Camper Nicholson 31 you were fairly close to shore near the nursing home??

Oh and welcome to the boards!!!:)
We are white with green trim and within a stone's throw of the green boat you refer to; her name is Loquot (sp), ours is October. We formerly owned a Nicholson 31, the new owner sailed her to Germany last June . We sold our mooring to some friends with a Catalina 30, Avalon.
Thanks, we'll look for you in the anchorage this spring.

Feb 21, 2009
Octobersteve,

What hull # is your G36?
What do you like and dislike?

Ronbo

We are hull
#68. Overall we like the boat very much. We have had a couple of leaks that have been a nuisance that we hope to overcome this spring, one where wires enter in front of the mast and one in the head. I believe it will require some properly applied sealant to resolve. Otherwise, the boat sails and handles well. We especially appreciated the cutter rig in higher winds. The boat sails well with a single reefed main and staysail in 30+ knots. She is well powered for a boat of this size and weight with a 63hp Westerbeke which we really appreciated when we needed it. We fomerly owned a Nicholson 31, and have found this to be a solid, well constructed boat as was the Nicholson. This boat of course is much better appointed and enormously more comfortable, which is why we bought her.

ronbo

Jan 2, 2009
gozzard 44B mkll md
We owned a G36#77 for 5 years, enjoyed it so much we bought a G44.
Have been there with the deck-stepped mast leak. Often it's caused by the absence of a drip-loop in the wiring.

Have you heard Gozzard is having a rendezvous April 24 in Goderich, ON.?
I hope it gives a kick to sales during this downturn. They've been doing a lot of refurbishing this winter so there will be a full line to check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.