Good price??

Oct 8, 2024
Hunter 33-2 Houston
Good morning everyone I’m looking to purchase a 2005 Hunter 33 in what seems to be fairly great shape. (Survey this weekend). I’m looking to see if 48K is a reasonable price for this vessel. Please advise and thank you.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
That's a difficult question to answer as there are too many variables. Your best bet is to look at Yachtworld and some of the other online yacht sales sites and see what the asking prices are. Your surveyor should be able to give you an idea of its value which the insurance company will want.

Things to consider are age, equipment and location. Boats from the north tend to be in better shape than in the south because they are used less and have less sun exposure.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
If the boat is in reasonable condition, I think it is a decent (maybe even “value”) price. I sail with 3 guys who have 2005 Hunter 33’s. Very nice boats.

Does it have roller furling main sail? Adds some to the value I think.

sail condition ? My friends have all replaced sails on their 33’s. Hopefully your boat does not have original sails.

Yanmar 3-cylinder (27 HP)? I believe that is the upgraded engine…

Batteries age and condition? (while easy to replace, they can be costly).

Windlass?

Feathering/Folding prop?

Deck condition? I don’t recall what Hunter used as the core in the 2005 H33, but the deck should be inspected for any soft/wet spots. But one of the nice things about this vintage boat is that Hunter moved the chain plates to the outside edge of the hull, so no deck penetrations from the chain plates to leak.

If you don’t buy it, PM me the details!

Greg

Oct 8, 2024
Hunter 33-2 Houston
Thanks Greg. Unfortunately it does have the original sails but the owner reshaped the main last year. It is a furling main and it does have the upgraded 29hp (not 27) engine. No windlass and the batteries will prob be upgraded to lithium when i buy it. Prop was replaced in 2022 but unsure if its a feathering prop. I will tell the surveyor to make sure to check the deck real well there are water spots on the vinyl ceiling in the salon, and in the after cabin that have me concerned.