Gift Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Y Schipani

Warning, I don't know the sailing lingo - so bear with me. Need suggestions for gift ideas for our boss who is retiring and will purchase his "dream sail boat". We want to get him an appropriate gift that could be used in his boat...something he might not buy for himself, or that he might purchase later to add to his boat. Since I have never even been on a sailboat, I do not know what to consider. Our initial consideration was a brass bell of sometime - engraved..are we off the mark with that idea? thanks in advance to ideas/suggestion.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Check the chandlery here

There's always a gift certificate, but you might also consider some galley ware engraved with the name of his boat. there are some really beautiful teak cockpit tables and drink holders, too.

M

Mark Thompson

Practicality

I have found over time that sailors tend to be a practical lot, plus there is not a great deal of room on a sailboat for fluff. You might consider a gift certificate toward the purachase of cockpit cushions (they are one of the best additions to a boat, but can be costly). They are sold in the MacGregor Chandlery on this site. If it turns out your boss doesn't buy a MacGregor - they can acutally get cushions for almost any brand or model of boat. On a smaller scale, I agree with what Phil said. The engraved items are a nice gift.

D

Dean Smith

Electronic things

Lots of new sailors are also nuts for electronic things, and there are a few things that a boat needs -- a CHF radio or a GPS (Global Positioning System) receiver come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.