Genoa Track Slides (Cars)

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Erik

I recently purchased a 1972 Ranger 26 (Jensen Marine)in Sausalito, CA. The boat did not come with genoa track slides (cars), and I have been unable to purchase replacements that will fit the old Mariner genoa track. Does anyone know where I can obtain a pair of used slides?

B

Barnacle Bill

What size track do you have?

I would presume that you have 1/8" x 1" T-track. Have you tried Schaefer Marine? They are manufacturer's of marine hardware and can be purchased at your local marine sailboat store. If they don't stock it, they can order it. Otherwise, it is not the end of the world to purchase new Schaefer track and use their cars. Remove the old hardware and install the new stuff. Ronstan makes it too. Harken too.

E

Erik

Genoa Track

Barnacle Bill: The track is 1" Mariner with hole spacing every 2 3/8". Harken and Ronstan cars do not fit the old track. I've adapted an old Wilcox Crittenden slider to fit, but it is not secure on the track. I'll give Schaefer a try, and if that doesn't work out, I will pull the old track and install Harken or Ronstan track and cars. Thanks for your ideas.

B

Bill Leonard

Genoa Track Slides

Erik I perused Garhauer and found these http://garhauermarine.com/catalog_process.cfm?cid=28 Hope they fit .. I use them on my '71 R33 Peace Bill

E

Erik

Genoa Tracks for Ranger 26

Bill: Thanks very much for the lead. I talked to Garhauer, and it does look like their 30-40 cars might work. I'm going to measure the thickness of my track and check back w/Garhauer. Apparently they can fabricate a unit to fit, if the standard car doesn't fit my track. Cheers, Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.