Genoa sail needed

Dec 8, 2019
macgregor 26M karitane
Does anyone have a 150% furling Genoa for sale in NZ? Mine shredded itself in the high winds a few days ago.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Might help if you said what the boat is - at a minimum...

dj

Mar 2, 2019
Oday 25 Milwaukee
Well ,his avatar says a Macgregor 26 . I have 150 genoa from my Oday 25 with a number 6 luff tape that is yours for the cost of shipping .

May 29, 2018
Canel 25 foot Shiogama, japan
Timm
Nice offer but, that raises the question, "What would the shipping from Milwaukee to New Zealand be?"

Dec 8, 2019
macgregor 26M karitane
Hi Timm. many thanks for the very kind offer; but looking at the data, the length of the Luff of an Oday 25 is 29'8" and the luff of the Macgregor is 25'3". So I cannot see how it will fit. Or am I missing something? I have checked out the shipping cost and Fedex international rates for a sail work out at around $90US. Quite reasonable in my view.

Dec 8, 2019
macgregor 26M karitane
They both use number 6 Luff tape, which is fairly standard in most yachts of this size.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Well ,his avatar says a Macgregor 26 . I have 150 genoa from my Oday 25 with a number 6 luff tape that is yours for the cost of shipping .
Interesting, on my cell phone, I don't get the information other than his name. On the computer, I also get his boat as you mention...

dj

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Interesting, on my cell phone, I don't get the information other than his name. On the computer, I also get his boat as you mention...

dj
Turn your phone sideways into landscape mode and the view automatically adjusts to show the boat model and location.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@davidaH You might look at it as getting more sail than you need for an extremely favorable price. One may think you could take scissors to the extra bit.

You also need to consider that the Macgregor 25'3" is a fractional rig and the Oday 25 is a Masthead rig. You are going to have quite a bit of extra sail. Maybe you could make a storm jib out of the extra material.

Waste not want not they say.