Garmin GPS 12XL low memory message

• Thread starter Eric C Lindstrom
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eric C Lindstrom

Everytime I turn on my GPS unit (Garmin 12XL) I get a "low memory battery" message. I tried to get in contact with Garmin and they haven't replied. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can this back-up battery (lithium) be replaced by the owner? West Marine led me to believe that I had to send the unit back to Garmin. I would hate to lose my 50+ waypoints. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

R

Robert Entwistle

Garmin

Had a Garmin 38 that got wet in a storm and quit working . Found the Garmin web site and was pleased to see they did factory overhauls for a set price . The price for the 38 was $49 that included shipping it back to me and tax's .Mailed it in that day overnight mail .Because they did not make the 38 anymore they sent me a brand new Garmin 12 . When I got it in about a week and a half, I was thrilled and figured all I had to do was put the way points in . I know what a pain, but I had them writen down so I turn it on to get started and there they were . To my surprise and delight Garmin had transfered all of my way points to the new unit .I HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH THE GARMIN SERVICE DEPARTMENT. Won't buy any outher kind now . Robert

B

Bryan C.

Good experience with Garmin also.

Our Garmin 12 froze on the way to the Bahamas a couple weekends ago. That was the bad part. On return I called them up, and even tho' I was a couple months over warranty, they said they'd fix it for free. That was about 10 days ago. Today I received in the mail a brand new GPS 12 replacement. No charge. Not only have I been happy with the performance of the unit, but their customer service sold me. Others have reported positive experiences as well. I'd try their customer support again. It did take a while to get someone on the line, tho.

J

Justin - O'day Owner's Web

Another vote for Garime -

I interact with Garmin regularly as part of my day job. They are consitently excellent. They have had, however, some setbacks lately with the loss of a manufacturing facility, and a demand even the most optomistic could not have anticipated. Don't let the long phone queue you are likely to discover discourage you. Justin - O'day Owner's Web

Status
Not open for further replies.