galley sink drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2011
bristol 30 niceville, fl
I just bought a Bristol 30 does the galley sink drain to thru hull or go to the holding tank.
I have a fowl oder comming from my water supply that I want to drain how do I do it.

Sep 6, 2011
Look under your sink at the hoses. Is there a hose from the drain to a through hull or seacock? Generally I've seen Bristols drain gray water overboard. That doesn't mean you didn't buy the one that doesn't though! Following hoses is your best information making sure they're double hose clamped as you go. HTH. SC

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
I just bought a Bristol 30 does the galley sink drain to thru hull or go to the holding tank.
I have a fowl oder comming from my water supply that I want to drain how do I do it.
oh, brother........

Sep 6, 2011
pirate49 said:
Btw be VERY careful how you clean everything. Bleach can really mess you up. Vinegar can get some from there I'd go a commercial product.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
The odds are 100-1 that your sinks drain overboard.

However, you need to trace every bit of plumbing on your boat from one end to the other...'cuz if something springs a leak or you should start taking on water, that's NOT the time to START finding out which ones can sink the boat and which ones won't.

As for your fresh water system:

Best way I know of to drain the tank: turn on all the faucets.

Recommissioning the system--which actually should be done at least annually--will solve your foul water problems. I've posted directions for doing that at least a dozen times...do a search for "Fresh water maintenance" or "Recommission fresh water system" to find 'em. If you can't, find 'em, I'll post 'em again.

Status
Not open for further replies.