Galley plans for Mac 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John

Hello, I just purchased an '84 MAC 25 and the owner did not have the galley. Does anyone have plans for either the original galley or a modified version? Thanks, John

D

Doug Rodrigues

Haven't missed much

John, Do you ever get up to Reno? If so, you can look me up in the Mac 25 owner's listing. I'll give you the original one that came with my '25. It's sitting on my garage floor. It's just about worthless! I strongly suggest that you design something that will work for you. That "something" would be better than that original design.

M

Mikecz

I have a 1985 Mac 25 and concur with Doug's comments on the galley. Hang a grill off the stern or use a Coleman propane camping stove.

T

Thom Francola

Mac 25 Galley Replacement

John - We had a original slide-out galley on our Mac 25 "Luckfully" when we purchased her. It didn't take long to discover that the best thing to do was to slide it overboard! My wife and I designed, built and installed a permanent galley and we are very happy that we did. It has improved the liveability on board by about 200%. If you would contact me, I would be glad to share with you how we accomplished this. I still have copies of my original drawings and photo's of the completed project. See my Mac review on this site. Thom Francola

J

John

Galley plans

Tom, Thanks for the reply. I would appreciate it if you could email me the plans for the gally you built. You can email me at johna@gnp.com Thanks, John

S

Scott K.

Modified Mac 25 Galley

I know how you feel about the stock galley. We cut out the top and installed a Coleman propane stove, using the area under the sink for the tanks we buy at Walmart. The stove nestles nicely. I cut a 3/4" dia. hole next to the sink for the hose to go through to the little tanks below. We mounted the galley unit permanently on the port side, built a shelf/frame of 2 x 6s and plywood, and mounted it under the entire unit. We store our spices, cups, rolls of aluminum foil, etc., plus, it raised the galley to a more comfortable height. Sliding it back was a pain and wasted all that space under the cockpit seat. To use that storage space now, we installed a solid rectangular deck hatch on the verticle side of the port cockpit seat, keeping the hinge side of the hatch toward the floor. Wow! What a difference! All that space now usable! To make the sink usable, I installed a thru hull drain fitting, connecting a marine grade hose to the sink. Yes, it drains directly overboard, but we use biodegradable soap.Then, I really got carried away and attached a hinged cutting board to the right side, making for a pretty good working area, and looks cool. We utilize the space created between the galley and bulkhead as utensil and plate storage, using a standard teak unit you can buy thru a catalog. I think the Mac 25 can be a turned into a wonderful cruising vessel by using some imagination and a little do-it-yourself effort. From what I've read on this site, Mac owners are creative indeed! Happy sailing!

Status
Not open for further replies.