Fuse for engine control panel?

gcharb

Sep 7, 2019
Catalina Catalina 30 Cove Haven, Barrington, RI
While diagnosing my fuel gauge I seem to have accidentally shorted out the power to my engine control panel. This is a 1989 C30. In searching the web I can see later models with a 10A fuse listed on the panel but I don't see one on mine. I'm assuming there must be a fuse or breaker somewhere for this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

RitSim

Jan 29, 2018
Beneteau 411 Branford
It's been a while but I believe the engine panel power wire is on the starter solenoid. There may be a fuse behind the engine panel. Also important - there are two "gummy" plugs in the panel circuit. One behind the panel and one in the engine compartment. These are subject to corrosion that leads to poor connections creating heat and melting the plugs. There is more info on the Catalina group and Catalina 30 owner webpages.

gcharb

Sep 7, 2019
Thanks for your reply. Yesterday I did locate the 20A fuse at the starter but it is in fine shape and unfortunatelly not the problem. There is no fuse behind the panel as far down as I can trace the wires. I'll keep looking.. Thanks

gcharb

Sep 7, 2019
Low and behold, I found a second fuse that was blown just below the starter solenoid, this one 30A. Problem solved! Thanks again.

RitSim

Jan 29, 2018
Beneteau 411 Branford
While you have the panel out, look for the "gummy plugs" and plan to replace if not previously done.