Fuse Box/Electrical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2010
Lancer 28 ATX
Where do I find the fuse box on my 1981 Lancer? Everything works excpet the electrical wall plugs in the boat and I am lost on where to begin. It could be as easy as a wire not being hooked up but not one outlet works which makes me believe it might be a fuse. Any ideas where to begin? I still have yet to locate the fuse box, if has one. Please any help is awesome

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
There is not "fuse box" per se, everything uses circuit breakers. They are on the AC/DC panel. If your AC outlets are not working, then start at the AC jack on the back of the boat and trace the wiring to the panel. You could have a bad circuit breaker. Just be careful you fry yourself.

If you want, go to my boat website and download the Lancer 27PS owners manual. There you will find an electrical schematic. That might help you. That is, if you don't have one already. LOL

Jun 8, 2010
Lancer 28 ATX
Brian,

Thanks so much for the info. This is my first sail boat, I bought it for $500 everything working except wall outlets and I had to tune up the out board engine. I will get on that asap and try to find out the problem. I know I have the entire switch pad under the front seat where the battery sits and also have the main circuit breaker for the entire boat there as well? I know a little about elctricity so Ill make sure to stay away from the hot wire, haha...thanks for your web site I already printed out your ownerwmanual. I take it the 27 and 28 are fairly alike? My boat is a 81, would that be considered a power sailer? I have came to realization that my boat is definitely unique. I always here complimants about my uniquq J80 and came to realize that they were talking about my main sail. I take it you play the guitar? I also play and am learning some blues guitar off of You Tube....anyways thanks so much and please let me know of anything you might know about my boat. I am sure I will have questions keep on coming up...oooooooooooooooooooo

just remembered I dont have a rod that goes through the cabin, the rod that looks as if it is connect to the mask that runs through the boat. is that bad? is it bad for the load that might be put on top of the boat, ex people and such?

Sorry I still am tryin to learn my sail boat lingo...thanks in advance

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Not to be insulting, but you do know that the 110V outlets will only work if the boat is connected to 110V via an extension cord (shore power cable) that plugs into the boat on the outside somewhere? It looks like a big metal screw cap.

Feb 17, 2006
That would be the compression post. The mast steps on that post and is there to support the downward pressure of the mast.

Good luck finding the problem. Like Bob said, make sure you AC connected to the boat before trying to test the AC outlets on your boat. q(^_^)p

Jun 8, 2010
Lancer 28 ATX
Thanks for the info...I realized that my outlets do only work when the boat is plugged into the dock...sucs they dont run off the normal power supply when at sea. Is there any way to make this happen?

Compression Post? how important are they? I don't have one what would you suggest on getting one?

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Compression Post

Thanks for the info...I realized that my outlets do only work when the boat is plugged into the dock...sucs they dont run off the normal power supply when at sea. Is there any way to make this happen?

Compression Post? how important are they? I don't have one what would you suggest on getting one?
The later L25's have the mast two feet further forward placing it close to the forward bulkhead. The support of the bulkhead serves in place of the compression post found on the earlier model L25's.

Feb 17, 2006
You can get an D/C-A/C inverter. It will connect to your batteries for the DC and invert it to an AC square wave. For a lot more money, you can an inverter that will give you a modified sine wave which is much closer to house current. Check the device you want powered and see if the A/C current is critical that it needs a sine wave.

Ensure the power output in watts exceeds the power requirements of what you want to connect. I.e. if you need 1600 watts for a Microwave or heater, then you will need a >2000 watt inverter. Do not cut corners here. You could have a fire on your boat. Not good!

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Did you find the breaker panel?

Mine was mounted on the right hand settee base.

Status
Not open for further replies.