Furling problem

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Suddenly this year our boat, when we furl the head sail, it has decided to have issues..:cry: When we furl we get the 135 about half way in and the furling line goes to the top of the spool and it stops causing me to go to the bow and manually move the line down and than it will furl.. I wonder if during putting the boat on the cradle last fall some one in the yard moved the forward block angle? up/down/forward pointing? Of course this only happens when it is REALLY blowing! Any Thoughts/photos would be appreciated!

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
Had that problem

Moved the block down lower. Solved the problem. Made PaulJ proud. :stirthepot:

Oct 3, 2011
I am going to the boat tomorrow and will look at adjustments, how far off the deck is yours?

Oct 3, 2011
Someone else said that and we did not pay attention and also last time we sailed the furling line laid uncleated along the port side-getting ready to race next weekend and had new crew out to get him used to the boat... I can make it a point to check this weekend..
Good hint, I will check thanks...

Mar 15, 2011
Catalina 310 Gloucester Point, Va
I had the same problem, dropped the forward block down as far as it will do, seems to work.Alsom, keep jib sheet tension on the jib as you pull on the furling sheet.
Bob

Oct 3, 2011
I will let you know what happens on Monday going to fix it one way or the other this weekend! Thanks

Oct 3, 2011
We went to the boat and rolled the headsail in and out, when we put serious tension on the
furling line it got rolled up to the top of the inside drum. when we put less tension on it rolling out the sail/furling line was fine as it rolled evenly on the drum. So we will pay attention to how we roll!