Furler for Capri 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

George

I am looking at getting a used CDI Flexible Furler for my '85 Capri 22. Anyone had one and if so how was it?

E

Erik

CDI furler

I have a early '90s model (black plastic drum cover) CDI FF-2 furler on my Capri 18. The unit works very well and I'd recommend one to any small boat sailor. How's the condition of the unit? Have you checked new prices from mail order places? The CDI is best when used with a small genny (135%) cut for furling.

B

Brad Williams

Geo. Had one on my Cat 22

It worked great. With the furler, raising and lowering the mast is a little more complicated, but not enough to out weigh the advantages offered by the furling system. I trailered the boat 5 or 6 times a year. When I'd do that, I'd leave the head sail attached to the furler. And, the flexible extrusion made that very managable. Also, I did have several sails -- 150, 110, & storm. The best thing to do is to decide which one you think is going to work best for you that day, and make the change at the dock. I still used the furler to "reef" the sail chosen, but taking the 150 down to a storm size was going a little too far I always thought. But, going back to the CDI, I don't think you need anything more than that on a 22 foot boat -- why pay more? Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.