Funny story...not funny problem.

May 31, 2014
Hunter 31 MDR
Hello, my livaboard neighbor has a hamster who managed to climb into the walls of her 1985 31ft hunter and chew through the receptacle circuit wiring. I have no clue how to access the wiring because its behind a huge seamless fiberglass panel. The damage is believed to be somewhere between the v-berth and right front 1/4 of the boat. I'm not familiar with the boat layout and I can find no service manual addressing electrical wiring access. Poor lady's got no power. Please advise!

Feb 6, 2013
Hunter 31 Deale, MD
I don't understand, you said she has a Hunter 31, your user profile says you have a Hunter 31, but you said you're not familiar with the layout.

In any case, I also have a H31 and I recently ran speaker wires in the same "channel" where the outlets are located. I removed an outlet and used the opening as an access port during the project. I recommend that she try that. Also, even though the rodent ate the wiring insulation, the wire is still intact. She should use the wire to pull new wire to replace it. Oh, and she should get rid of the hamster.