Fuel & Water measuring stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2005
Morgan 415 ketch Miami, Florida
I have a marked dipstick to measure fuel quantity in the 132 Gallon diesel tank but need the quantities associated with the marks.

T

Tom Hoppin

dippity doo dah

Many Morgan owners have changed tanks on their boats - both the size and shape. So, a new owner probably can't rely on a 'factory' dip stick unless you know that both the stick and the tank were and remain the same and are accurate. My Morgan 38' has two tanks - one a cylinder, and one with one side curved to the shape of the hull. This means that a dip stick with marks that are at equal distances between the marks are NOT calibrated for those tanks - the height of fuel in an odd shaped tank reflects different numbers of gallons depending on the depth of the fuel in the tank. Anyway, I solved this byI running the tanks empty and began filling each tank with five gallons at a time - marking the stick as I added each five gallons. So, I now have a reasonably reliable dip stick "coded" to each of my tanks. I don't know of any other way of doing this. Good luck!

F

fred

Fuel tanks-out island 41

We have a fuel tank cleaning and fuel polising bus. in the N.W. and would like info on oem fuel tank locations and capacity for the 41 O.I. Any line drawings would be helpful. Does anyone know of std access holes etc. placed in the tank at time of mfg. ??? Is there a Co. known to have replacement parts/ history of these boats??

Status
Not open for further replies.