Fuel in the Bilge

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Bunsey

Twice last season, there was diesel fuel in the bilge after we had gone sailing. I estimated there was about about a quart or more. Both times I had topped off the tank before going out. Both times we had heeling angles up to 20 degrees on port and stb tacks. The dealer could find no evidence of where the leak is, but after the second time I did see the telltale red track of the fuel dye on the inside hull between the aft tank and the engine when I removed the aft mattress. No answer yet. Has anyone had this problem?

P

Pete

fuel leak

just a thought, that because the fuel tank was full it may have leaked at the sending unit or a fitting on top of the tank (this happened with my water tank)hope this is some help Pete

M

M. Watton

Fuel Spill

I took delivery of a new 376 a couple years ago. After about 100 hours experienced the fuel in the bilge thing. In this case it was after a fill up and noticed fuel leak and saturation of mattress in rear. Hunter had left a plastic cover in one of the fuel tank access holes, neglecting to place a brass plug in this port. The plastic plug took ahwile to degrade until it leaked. You may want to open up the area aroung the fuel tank and take a look for temporary plastic shipping plugs. PS-Hunter took care of the cleaning and replacement of the mattress, etc. I wasn't happy about their oversight but they made good>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.