Frustrated....How do I get an answer from Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2004
Catalina 350 Pasadina
I have sent e-mails, left voice mails.........no resoponse. I am amazed they can survive with this kind of customer support. I am the owner of a new 350. I should have stuck with my Hunter.

May 25, 2004
Oday 25 Tampa Bay
somethings up!

I called them yesterday,they returned the call within two hours with the answer, my boat is eighteen years old. I got the number from the manual published 20 years ago. Same number for at least 20 years. 818-710-5879.

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 30 MKII Channel Islands Harbor, CA
Phone is far better

Our experience with Catalina has been great. However, we did notice that e-mails don't get answered but phone calls have resulted in great customer service.

mortyd

Dec 11, 2004
Catalina 30 easy living
catalina 30 forum

who did you call? they always return my call and help me professionally and courteously. ask for kent or lenore next time, or frank butler, the president.

F

FrankR

Try snail mail

I had little email luck with them, phone calls sometimes work, but the best response I ever got was from a letter that included pictures of my problem I was trying to get resolved.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
They don't do email well at all

Phone calls, and faxes work great. Also try Robert Butler, Frank's son, he's in Parts, very helpful. Stu

Dec 2, 2003
Catalina 350 Seattle
Dealer First ??

Good advice so far (email poor, letters good, Frank best), but one of the things I've heard along the way was that an owner should try to get issues resolved via their dealer first, and then fall back to contacting Frank and the company. Let the dealer be the first line of defense and if you aren't happy with the dealer's ability to deal with it, then let Frank and the company take care of it, making sure that Frank and the company are aware of that dealer's inability, unwillingness, or whatever to deal with your issue. All in all, not the kind of process that I would like to see supporting an otherwise fine product line, and a business model that (relying maybe too much on Frank as the single point of customer service) could fail miserably when he finally "falls off the turnip truck" - so to speak. Good Luck! Tim Brogan April IV C350 #68 Seattle

Jun 2, 2004
Several Catalinas C25/C320 USA
Phone #

I too have had great luck calling Catalina directly...try this #: 818-884-7700.

Jun 18, 2004
- - Annapolis
Happy with customer service

I have ordered parts multiple times. Each time I was able to get a knowledgeable person on the phone, was able to chat about what I needed, and got the part promptly. I have been very satisfied, over the course of a decade, with the customer service.

Oct 5, 2004
- - Longport, NJ
Very Happy With Customer Service

I have owned a 350 since 2002 and have had nothing but very good experience with Catalina in Largo Florida. Very poor response from the dealer but Catalina has made up for that. I am quite surprised to hear of your situation. Please try again and let us know how you made out. I am sure you will be satisfied with their response time. That being said: What is the nature of your problem or issue? Perhaps we can help you out here.... Take care

T

Tom S

jdamann from "just add wind" what happened to you

You post something like that, then you just go away? Did you get your issue resolved? Thats most probably the case because we don't hear from you anymore. BTW what was your issue? What did the dealer say? Somthing doesn't sound right.

Apr 24, 2004
Catalina 350 Pasadina
No response

Actually I was trying to reach them to find out about the matress extensions I saw on the 350 at the boat show. I left voice mail and sent an inquiry on the web site.....no response. I guess I am too used to businesses that want to help their customers. So far the dealer has been great at resolving the problems I have asked them to resolve.

T

Tim McCarty

Took me 3 days, BUT...

my dealer suggesting calling Frank Butler himself (!!!!!). He gave me the number, I called once, was on hold for about 25 minutes, was told that Frank would call me back....called again, no luck...called again, and actually talked to Frank about my issue which was resolved quickly. I've mentioned this before on this forum, but Frank Butler actually goes over every warranty issue with every Catalina boat ever made. In the end, I was impressed with the response. I guess the idea is not to give up...keep calling and calling (bug the crap out of them)...and they will respond.

Apr 24, 2004
Catalina 350 Pasadina
So while I'm on this soap box....

has anyone ever received a follow up from Catalina after purchase? Seems if you spend $150K you should at least get a thank you. I guess I've been spoiled by the car companies.

Sep 30, 2005
Catalina 400 gkalember@tampabay.rr.com
Try this

Give Warren Pandy a call or email him. He's the customer support guy. His email is warren@catalinayachts.com. I've sent emails to Frank, Robert and Warren and have been answered each time. Sometimes it takes awhile if it's not a major problem, they have better things to do than answer every little email. But they will get back with you with an answer if you have a problem/issue with their product. I'm on my second Catalina and couldn't be happier. My first was a Beneteau and wouldn't go back for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.