Frost build up in Freezer

Aug 24, 2020
Hunter 356 Monterey, Ca.
I have a 356 Hunter and for years have been dealing with frost in the freezer. Some suggestions where to replace the gasket. The frost and ice was accumulating because of out side air getting in to the freezer. I duck sealed all around the top of the freezer and refrigerator. All frost and ice no longer a problem.

BobH57

Oct 23, 2019
Hunter 410 Solomons, MD
What do you mean by "duck sealed"? A photo would be helpful, as many of us have been fighting the same problem.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
That sounds promising. I just emptied the fridge and turned it off to defrost so good timing for your post.

I'm not familiar with duck seal. I found a product called electrical duct seal which is less than $5 a pound. Seems like a putty. Is that what you mean? Otherwise I suppose a suitable weather strip would work.

Aug 24, 2020
Hunter 356 Monterey, Ca.
What do you mean by "duck sealed"? A photo would be helpful, as many of us have been fighting the same problem.
That sounds promising. I just emptied the fridge and turned it off to defrost so good timing for your post.

I'm not familiar with duck seal. I found a product called electrical duct seal which is less than $5 a pound. Seems like a putty. Is that what you mean? Otherwise I suppose a suitable weather strip would work.

Aug 24, 2020
Hunter 356 Monterey, Ca.
Yes I used electrical Duct Seal. Not weathstipping. Mold into 1/2 in. tub and go all away around top of the freezer and refrigerator.

• Helpful

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Does it separate after repeated openings? Interesting application.

Aug 24, 2020
Hunter 356 Monterey, Ca.
The duct seal is pressed in where the interior of the freezer and refrigerator meets the counter top. It has nothing to do with the opening of the units.