Frigomar Air Conditioning Experience

Feb 3, 2009
Freedom 40/40 Rio Dulce, Guatemala
I'm in the process of designing a 55' catamaran and am considering using Frigomar 48V DC air conditioners. Does anyone have direct experience with Frigomar air conditioners (it doesn't have to be DC powered)? I can't find any feedback, positive or negative, on the web.

Thanks, Geoff

Johann

Jun 3, 2004
Leopard 39 Pensacola
Geoff, we have two of the 120V Self contained BLDC 16k BTU in our 38‘ Cat. I installed them in January of 2022, and so far so good. At full power they cool/heat just as well as the 16k Cruisairs they replaced… only a lot quieter and draw only about 1200W full cold (including the pump). In eco mode, they draw about 280W including the pump. I find the eco mode pretty useful. I can just leave one on eco all day when it’s 95°F outside and it will stay comfortable buttoned up inside. Not 72°, but maybe 80° with low humidity and a fan is nice. Overall I am very pleased, but if I had to offer criticism I can think of 2 things. 1. The WiFi module is not yet available… it’s been ”coming soon” for 2 years. 2. The touchscreen control emits a buzzing sound that is noticeable within about 2‘ if there is are no other noises. Pretty much any noise will drown it out, like a fan or the fridge compressor, but occasionally when it’s really quiet and I’m standing next to the panel I will hear it.