Frig/Freezer analog thermostat conversion to digital

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Nice! I have the parts but haven't executed yet. I'm using two tstats, two, but one for on batts setpoit, the other for while charging (set lower), wit a LVD and relay to cut-in the charging tstat.

Well done!

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
I have exactly the same electronic thermostats. I have one hooked up to the refrigerator but I have not yet done the freezer.
A question- The original mechanical thermostats sensed and controlled the temperature of the cold plate. I have a 1/2" thick cold plate in each of my boxes and the sensor was attached to the plate itself. So my display shows the plate temp rather than the box temperature. It looks like you have the sensor in the box rather than on the cooling plate. Do you have the heavy cold plate or the thin metal plate with the tubes visible in them?

Apr 21, 2017
Hunter 42 Passage Punta Gorda
Rich - both my frig/freezer have the thin plates. I zip-tied the InkBird Temp sensor to the middle of the box - thinking that would be the most accurate location.

Aug 15, 2013
Hunter 35.5 Legend 003 San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
Thanks for sharing, going to put one in my boat as well.

Jun 13, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Hampton,Virginia
Jim H42, when you zipped tied the sensor did you mean to attach to the evaporator plate or just within the box itself?

Apr 21, 2017
Hunter 42 Passage Punta Gorda
Jim H42, when you zipped tied the sensor did you mean to attach to the evaporator plate or just within the box itself?
Michael - I zip tied the sensor in the middle of the box. (My box has wire shelves so I zip tied it to the bottom of the shelf in the middle.)

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I adjusted my old refrigerator thermostat so the BEER has a bit of ice in it. Just right. ;)

Jim...