Fresh water filler cap

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Do you absolutely have to have an identical replacement as long as the threaded cap fits?

(edit) I just noticed that the listing at the link is for the complete fitting ...and I THINK you only need the cap. It's worth asking them if they sell JUST replacement caps with the key for it. I'd suggest you check out Perko replacement caps, but if I'm not mistaken Beneteau''s fittings are all metric, which limits your choices from US retailers.

--Peggie

Last edited:

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
looking for a stainless steel water fill cap for beneteau 423, any suggestions
The deck fittings that beneteau used on the 423 are Amiot which are made in France and they are aluminum. When I bought my 2005 423 the waste fill caps where seized so I replaced the entire unit with stainless steel. I was going to go with the original Amoit but they were astronomically expensive. Rig Rite sells them and also has replacement caps for $119 which does not include the 0 ring... extra $8

Also, while a winch handle does fit, do you have the beneteau handle that has the fuel and water fittings?

Good Luck!
Greg

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
The deck fittings that beneteau used on the 423 are Amiot which are made in France and they are aluminum. When I bought my 2005 423 the waste fill caps where seized so I replaced the entire unit with stainless steel. I was going to go with the original Amoit but they were astronomically expensive. Rig Rite sells them and also has replacement caps for $119 which does not include the 0 ring... extra $8

Also, while a winch handle does fit, do you have the beneteau handle that has the fuel and water fittings?

Good Luck!
Greg
Yikes! $8 for an O-ring?