Freezing Water in Seacock at Drydock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

S. Jaffe

I have opened the seacocks for the galley and head after hauling. But someone said there is another seacock that must be opened to avoid freezing damage. Which is it and WHERE is it? Please E-mail me with more detailed info. I would appreciate it. Cordially, S.Japhe (sljaphe@aol.com)

M

Marc

dry dock

there is a seacock for the engine cooling water, and some boats have a seacock for the propeelor shaft cooling.

B

Bill Burch

Be sure

I grew up at the marina my father built. We did a great deal of winterization. Typically, we did it because the boat owner wasn't confident about how to go about it. I suggest you slowly and methodically look at the systems one at a time. My guess is you only have two or three seacocks. With your boat on shore you can inventory them from the outside and then go inside and follow them. Odds are your fine. Something you didn't mention but might want to check is that one of the lines does not have a low spot in them where water might settle, freeze and crack the pipe. I typically send a little pink antifreeze down the drains just to be sure. Hope this helps a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.