Freedom 10 buzzing

Rodd

Jan 22, 2008
Pearson 424 East Hampton,NY
hearing an occasional buzzing from my Freedom 10. Also note that the Link 2000 is flashing "Lo Batt". Battery voltage is 13.3 as I am plugged in and charger is working. any ideas why i am getting warning and beeping?

Thanks.
Rodd

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
The buzzing may be a cooling fan that has accumulated lint a or is off balance or the bearings are worn out and is turning slowly. If so the charger is getting overheated producing false information.

• Helpful
Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
hearing an occasional buzzing from my Freedom 10. Also note that the Link 2000 is flashing "Lo Batt". Battery voltage is 13.3 as I am plugged in and charger is working. any ideas why i am getting warning and beeping?

Thanks.
Rodd
Buzzing like an alarm or like something loose and vibrating?

How old are the batteries and what kind? Old batteries nearing their end of life can show the right voltage when charging, but don't hold enough of that charge to work for long resulting in a low battery alert.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Battery voltage is 13.3 as I am plugged in and charger is working
That is nice, but it does not tell you much, other than your charger is possibly in float (trickle charge). You need to test your batteries after they have rested for 12 to 24 hours without the charger running.

Here is a copy of your Freedom manual it might help.

Sounds can be clues to a variety of issues. Buzzing can be the "Fan" as Joe suggests. It can be an electrical part beginning to fail. Or it might be a warning noise associated with the unit.

This is job for the Electrical Detective! It is that Super Hero persona all boat owners take on when something strange is buzzing that can not be ignored.

Attachments