Forestay transportation

Feb 12, 2022
Sirius 21 TBD
Hello, Everyone! Who has a good idea how to properly secure forestay with furling roller drum? The forestay with drum is longer than mast, and looks like it need to be secured more reliably. Do I need to detach the forestay from mast during transportation? Does anybody have similar problems?

Attachments

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
That does not look good.:yikes:
I would add an extention brace to the mast (like a sprit)... A 2x4 might work.
Let it extend out to where the furler drum is.
Strap the drum to the brace.
And the brace (at least two spaced contact wraps) attached to the mast so it does not move.

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
There was a bow pulpit on my H25.5 that had a low spot to lay the mast in. To support the longer fuller, I used an 8" PVC pipe cut in half along its length and placed it in this pulpit groove to support the fuller.

May 14, 2009
Sirius 21 Pelican Yacht Club, Manitoba
Hello, Everyone! Who has a good idea how to properly secure forestay with furling roller drum? The forestay with drum is longer than mast, and looks like it need to be secured more reliably. Do I need to detach the forestay from mast during transportation? Does anybody have similar problems?
I have a 5-6 ft piece of aluminum tubing shoved up the bottom of the mast. Small enough to get past the pin. I don't know how to post a pic on mobile. I'll add later.