foresail to deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rick

I am a new Cat22 owner.When my genoa 150 is shackled to the bow, there is still a good bit of space at the mast connection, meanwhile the sail is rubbing on the bowsprint. Should there be some sort of leader between the shackle and bow connection. Sorry I don't know the proper terms yet.

D

Don

Genoa

I am also new but if you go to the pictures at the National web site you will see how things should look. http://www.spiritone.com/~mack/c22/c22pics/index.htm

M

Mark Berte'

genoa @ pulpit

My 150% does the same thing as does other big genoas I have run across on other boats. I am not concerned about the potential chafing,it never seems to be adverse to the sail in this application.If you want to raise the genoa, a short length of wire rope consistent with your forestay stay diameter having a nico-pressed eye fitting in each end does work and gives you more visability through the pulpit area.I wouldn't go too high though maybe 8"-10" max.

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

Not required

I have a 27 & my genoa does the same thing. If it bothers you, go ahead an add a leader. I'm sure West Marine has some kin dof leader material just for that purpose but if not, I've seen them made with really strong webbing attached with very strong connections. LaDonna

S

Stephen Ostrander

lingo

That little device is called a "tack pennant." You can make one up yourself at West Marine using 2 thimbles, 2 swages and a length of SS rigging wire. Its not important that the tack of the genny be off the deck, but you don't want the clew and/or sheets to sweep the deck because it will tend to snag when you tack the sail.

Status
Not open for further replies.