For all you Aeronautical buffs

Dec 30, 2009
jeanneau 38 gin fizz sloop Summer- Keyport Yacht Club, Raritan Bay, NJ, Winter Viking Marina Verplanck, NY
WOW.................Red

Nov 29, 2011
none none 39.23N 88.51W
I'm totally impressed

Not a big buff on this stuff, but that is amazing. I'm not sure which I'm more impressed with, the plane or the operator. Do you call him a driver or pilot?

Tim R.

May 27, 2004
Caliber 40 Long Range Cruiser Portland, Maine
The power to weight ratio is amazing in these. Too bad it does not scale up to the real thing.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2010
Oday 22 Orleans Marina, NOLA
I used to fly RC planes a long time ago, never was any good at it, but it was fun.

RC's can have a power to weight ratio that's much better than 'real' aircraft, plus they can pull a lot more G's because of the lack of pilot on board.

That guy was pretty good.

Now what I like to watch is them Blue Angels.

vetch

Dec 3, 2011
Prout Manta 38 St. Augustine
Pilot

I used to fly rc airplanes lots of fun but you will eventually crash. It's always hard do see hundreds of hours of work gone in a second.

Dec 29, 2008
Treworgy 65' LOA Custom Steel Pilothouse Staysail Ketch St. Croix, Virgin Islands
Incredible flying skills. I've done stalls, wingovers, hammerhead stalls, loops, rolls, snap rolls, and inverted flight - in real airplanes - and of course always above 3000', but this guy has all the skills. Very impressive!

Jun 6, 2004
Catalina 38 San Francisco Bay
I fly RC gliders and some powered planes. I will be retiring from flying now ........