Flushing a Jabsco 37045 electic head

Jun 13, 2024
Hunter 33 Toronto
I've got a Jabsco 37045 electric head on my Hunter 33. It has 3 operating buttons: 1 that operates the rinse water supply and the macerator pump simultaneously and 2 others for separate rinse and pump functions. Outside of describing what these buttons do, there's little information in the operators manual about the optimal way to use them. Peggie's book suggests at least a 3 second flush for liquids and 10 second flush if solids are involved.

Does anyone have thoughts/experience on whether the combo button is the one to use in normal situations or is some combination of that and the manual buttons more advisable? If i don't need to be running rinse water for the full 10 seconds then that could reduce the number of times i need to pump out my holding tank. On the other hand, if i'm not running rinse water down the drain i'm not sure what the macerator pump would be pumping.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
What you're calling the macerator pump is the pump-motor assembly for the toilet which has a macerator blade in it that just won't have anything to macerate unless you flush TP and/or solid waste. It will run no matter which button you push.

You should always bring water into the bowl immediately ahead of solid waste...it dissolves much faster in water, the toilet discharge line stays cleaner and you won't have to flush nearly as long 'cuz you won't have any "skid marks" in the bowl afterward. Solid waste is when you need to use the simultaneous water in--bowl contents out mode. You CAN use "dry" flush (discharge only, no water in) after urine only. You should run about a quart of water through the toilet once a day to rinse th bowl and the discharge line. Always flush long enough, with or without water to move bowl contents all the way to tank. If it's an uphill run to the inlet fitting on the tank or it's longer than about 6' (the max distance most toilets can move bowl contents without any help from gravity), we may need to make a minor modification in your toilet discharge line to create that help. I'll be glad to guide you in doing that...It's easy to do.

--Peggie