Flush bonded windows repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob England

I have a 1985 C+C 27 Mk V that has the flush bonded plexiglass cabin windows that seem to be common to many boat brands. The bonding is failing and the windows are coming loose and leaking. Does anyone know the best method of accomplishing an effective and cosmetically acceptable repair for this problem? Thanks.

E

ED

LEAKING WINDOWS

Hi BOB I repaired a set of windows on an ABBOTT 22 about 3 to 5 years ago. The windows are mounted on the outside of cabin (I think this is called flush mount) leaveng an 1/8" to 5/32" lip of the window where the water would run along top of the window and leak inside. All we did was clean real good removing what was there before the using a small amount rubbing alchol to clean the rest of the grim. Then used GE silicon clear and also the most expensive, put on light and ran finger down so it would be concave to let the water run off and makes it hard to see. It's been there ever since boat store out side all winter in northen ontario and sailed every day by it's owner 10 to 16 hours a day and not a leak yet. Spend a long time cleaning and let dry a bit extra and it works. happy sailing from the far north on Lake Timiskaming

Status
Not open for further replies.