Florida to NYC on a sailboat

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
There is one bridge in the Carolinas (I'd have to look back as to where) with overhead clearance of 64 feet.
There are 2 bridges, the one on the Alligator-Pungo Canal and there is one on the Virgina canal just north of Coinjock.

You mentioned difficult to provision for 10 days
The holding tank will likely need emptying before 10 days. :poop:

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
The holding tank will likely need emptying before 10 days. :poop:
Off shore you simply dump into the ocean. I don't actually even use the inside head unless it's bad weather while off shore. Running the ICW there are plenty of pump-outs as far as I know. If course, I don't use pump-outs as both of my heads are composting heads.

dj

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
There is one bridge in the Carolinas (I'd have to look back as to where) with overhead clearance of 64 feet.
Two bridges - The Socastee Bridge, and the Pungo Ferry bridge I mentioned above. The Dismal isn't an option with that draft. He's better off to try to go outside as much as possible. I read the thread he linked and that sounds like his plan.

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
Off shore you simply dump into the ocean. I don't actually even use the inside head unless it's bad weather while off shore. Running the ICW there are plenty of pump-outs as far as I know. If course, I don't use pump-outs as both of my heads are composting heads.

dj
That's great. Working on convincing the Admiral. (So far she's not convinced.) Two years ago we had bad weather timing and went inside from Brunswick GA to Georgetown SC. I was disappointed at how many pumpouts were "inoperable" according to the marinas, and how few had pumpouts installed. That stuff has to go somewhere and I'm sure not all the boats were taking it offshore 3nm.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
That's great. Working on convincing the Admiral. (So far she's not convinced.) Two years ago we had bad weather timing and went inside from Brunswick GA to Georgetown SC. I was disappointed at how many pumpouts were "inoperable" according to the marinas, and how few had pumpouts installed. That stuff has to go somewhere and I'm sure not all the boats were taking it offshore 3nm.
And yet another reason I'm so glad I have composting heads...

dj