Florida panhandle

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marc Honey

I plan on moving a sailboat to Panama City Beach, Fl. sometime in the next few years. We own a condo there, but only get over 2-3 times per year at present. One question is, what are my options as to marina locations? I've walked the docks at one located by the Hwy.98 bridge and have seen a few sailboats located near Capt. Anderson's restaurant on Grand Lagoon. I'm also familiar with the "city" marina. Is that about it? What about controlling depths in the bay and closest access to the Gulf. Any advice is appreciated. Oh, yeah, price per foot for 40 ft.boat?

J

John

I tried the city marina

I have used the city marina when passing thru and have enjoyed my stays there. It was very clean and reasonable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. And it had one of the few working pump out stations I found in Florida. There is plenty of depth in the bay and the channel is well marked. It was only about 20 minutes to the open gulf. There are other marinas closer to the gulf, however I haven't used them. If you have a Hunter 40 should also know that the bridges on either side of Panama City are to low for you to utilize the Gulf Intercoastal waterway(ICW).

Status
Not open for further replies.