floatation and black hose

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jim

just bought a used capri 18. in the cabin, the smaller wooden hatch covers are stuck down - is there floatation under these? the area under the cockpit floor in unaccesible - floatation here too? in the starboard cockpit locker, there is a black rubber hose leading to the unaccessible area under the cockpit floor - what is this? two 6" ports on inside vertical wall of transom, port side - seems to lead to nowhere - what are these for? thanks for the help - these things have me stumped.

E

Erik, esvanr@firedept.net

Capri 18 stuff

Those small screwed-down wood covers are the access plates for the positive flotation foam. If you remove them, all you'll find is hard foam. Does your boat have the manual bilge pump in the cockpit? I'm thinking that hose is pre-installed for the pump. Two 6" ports on the inside transom? Are they round deckplates (removeable covers) in those holes? Are they in the fuel locker area? Possibly an access opening for some transom hardware. Have you seen the Catalina Capri 18 Nat'l Assn website? <www.catalina18.net> You're invited to join the Assn, too. Contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.