Fisher Panda mini12 coolant leak

Jan 4, 2019
Hunter 50 Halifax & Martinique
My Fisher Panda Mini 12 sprung a leak in the stainless steel fresh water cooling pipe coming out of the heat exchanger. The hole is right at the 90 deg elbow. I am getting it welded. There is no coolant system cap on the generator. Is the system refilled fro the expansion tank only?

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
My Fisher Panda Mini 12 sprung a leak in the stainless steel fresh water cooling pipe coming out of the heat exchanger. The hole is right at the 90 deg elbow. I am getting it welded. There is no coolant system cap on the generator. Is the system refilled fro the expansion tank only?
Hmmm. I google the mini 12 and saw a radiator cap right on top. I have a mini 6 which is so equipped.

Jan 4, 2019
Hmmm. I google the mini 12 and saw a radiator cap right on top. I have a mini 6 which is so equipped.
I had the same search result which is why I posed the question regarding mine (2012) which has no cap. I am away from the boat this week or I would post a picture.

Jan 4, 2019
I called Fisher Panda, and was told that they stopped putting coolant filler caps on the 12 Mini a few years ago because of leaking issues. The engine antifreeze is now only filled through the expansion tank.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
I called Fisher Panda, and was told that they stopped putting coolant filler caps on the 12 Mini a few years ago because of leaking issues. The engine antifreeze is now only filled through the expansion tank.
Ha! Typical FP solution.