First "Spring" here - love what I see!

Macboy

Aug 8, 2014
Macgregor 26S Sherwood Park, Alberta
I just had to post....this is my first "Spring" with a MacGregor waiting in the snow and me on the forums. It's so awesome to see the forum springing to life too! This has already been a tremendous resource to us and seeing everyone come out of hibernation only makes me realize I've hardly scratched the surface of help and info this forum has.

We've got a solar panel to wire in, some underpadding to install in the berths, some sails and rigging to become familiar with and a maiden voyage to take. It's going to be a great summer on the water for me and my family. I can't wait to baptize myself in the family here.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
You're in for a great season! Our club is coming to life. Haven't seen most of the members since last Fall. Everyone is showing up in the boat yards and getting their boats ready to launch. I'm hoping to be in the water right after Easter weekend. Just need to wax the hull. It's sooo much easier to do on land.

Nov 23, 2011
MacGregor 26D London Ontario Canada
Our club starts the spring clean up on the 19th we can put our docks in on the 20th or 21st. The people on moorings have to wait a week before they are all in and assigned.
One nice thing our club has been doing in the off season is getting together once a month for dinner. It's a good time and great to see the members that you normally wouldn't see for the whole winter.
The snow is almost all gone here. (Maybe won't be tomorrow with the +17C and rain.)
I understand there is still ice on the lake. I can't make it out there until Friday to see for myself.
Boy do I look forward to getting one of the boats in the water!

woodzy

Sep 21, 2014
Catalina 28 Oceanside Ca..
I'll tell you what. It's good you guys are getting back on the water. I'm just so glad I'm third generation southern California boy (at heart). Good luck and smooth sailing

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I'll tell you what. It's good you guys are getting back on the water. I'm just so glad I'm third generation southern California boy (at heart). Good luck and smooth sailing
I sorta miss SOCAL. I was stationed at MCAS ElToro. Weather was always great! Road my bicycle many times to Laguna Beach. Raced the canyon roads on my Kaw 750.

May 12, 2010
Macgregor 25 Southern Maryland
This is really the hardest part of the season -- waiting to splash. particularly as in my case, when I need work done on the boat by the boatyard!