Finally splash time!

Jan 14, 2014
Newport Newport 28 Fair Haven, NY
Well, with any luck, she'll be floating ON the water when I get to the yard tomorrow, and not UNDER it.

Very excited, though still nervous that I somehow screwed up my fiberglassing the thru-hull openings. Worse, was that I was there when they lifted her off the stands and started towards the water, but I had zero time to stay and watch and check over, due to having to get going to make it to work on time. The yard is almost 2 1/2 hours from home, so with traffic and stuff, it's just too much to cut close. So while they went to the right towards the dock, I went left. Felt like watching a loved one go through the doors for routine surgery - You know it SHOULD be fine, but you're still slightly nervous.

Quite the list of things that have been tackled since I got her:

- Installed a stainless mast hinge
- New thru-deck wiring
- New pair of GC2s, with new electric panel
- Removed the head, and all plumbing, and installed a porta-potti with pump-out option
- Removed old transducer, and glassed over the old head thrus and the transducer hole
- Replaced cabin lights with LEDs
- Replaced cockpit and sink seacocks and thruhulls, and replumbed the cockpit drain
- Added transom exit and plumbed a new 1250gph bilge pump to it (still need to tidy that up)
- Rewired the mast, added an LED anchor light, VHF antenna, and wind vane to the top
- Repainted the bottom
- Installed a new in-hull DTS525 transducer for my CPN700i (which is yet to be wired)
- New wiring to the mast step from the panel
- Replaced the floor, though I haven't glassed it in just yet

And a bunch of miscellaneous things too, and plenty left.

But the fun, comes tomorrow. Bright and early, going to hit the Seneca-Cayuga canal, to go from the top of Seneca, over to Cayuga and then sail down to Treman park in Ithaca to her new slip. If we have miserable winds, will be more motoring than sailing, but still, going to be a trip!

It's been a long time since I've been so excited for something! 11 more hours until my alarm goes off to get up for it!