Finally named our 170

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryA

Oct 17, 2004
Tanzer 29 Jeanneau Design Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie
My wife & I love cats, so it's named "PURR'N". The graphic is a cat jumping.

gball

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 170 Alachua, FL
Nice lettering!

Jerry, Nice lettering! Where did you have it made/get it? I was always thinking (if I'd physically name my boat) I'd put lettering on the port side near and forward of the Hunter 170 label, but on the aft end of the seat is a good idea too. Mike G.

J

john Kivel

Wow

Great name and a cool graphic. I was not going to name my boat. I never sailed before I bought it (except three lessons) my first season was sort of trial and error. The name of my boat is based on two snide commets from my in-laws. My father in law watched me struggling with a bowline and said, "you better learn to made a better knot if you want to work a sailboat." The same day my sister in law told me the wind was too high and I "better not" go out. Two hours later she threw me a rope from her fishing boat and dragged me off the beach that I had grounded myself on - it's a longer story than that, but really, that is nuts and bolts. Anyway, my kids named the boat, "better knot." I ordered my boat letters and name from "Decal Zone" which is a web-based shop. I went with the aft port side above the rub-rail for my boat name. I like your idea better. looks great. John

JerryA

Oct 17, 2004
Tanzer 29 Jeanneau Design Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie
Dyno Dave

Thanks guys. I had Dyno Dave here in town do it for me. He's done the graphics for the racecar the last couple years. His computer crashed a few weeks ago or I would have had it sooner. He does all kinds of graphics, shirts, hats, etc. I created it in MS Word and Dave created it in vinyl. His e-mail is dyno-dave@msn.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.