Falling Headliner, Beneteau support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ivan Edwards

Ok, who has a really good solution for the falling vinal headliner on my 1990 First 285 Beneteau? Material is in good shape. Foam backing has disintegrated. I really expected that Beneteau would have a some advise, or a repair kit. But I have not found a Beneteau support web site. Any leads on this?

D

Daniel Schafer

Headliner Fix

The original owner of my 1986 First 26 had the same problem. The solution offered by the Marina was to pull out all the old vinyl, and replace with the same color marine grade carpet. It appears that they used a spray on glue, and removed the old glue/foam/etc. prior to putting on the new carpet. I assume they used the old vinyl as templates to cut the new carpet. As far as the look? Frankly, I have been in many Beneteus, and I didn't even notice it was not factory. I would give it an A- as far as a solution rating.

D

Dave

Beneteau support

www.beneteau.com has a place to send an email requesting help. Good luck, Beneteau seems to be the most unresponsive builder in the market. As far as warranties go, theirs seems to be worth as much as bilge water.

D

doug odowichuk

spray glue

hi, i used a 3m product called super 77. it is a adhesive similar to contact cement. spray it on both materials, wait 30 sec. and press tight. worked well for me, had head liner around edges falling down. cheers, doug odowichuk douggieo@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.