fair price for a C25

mycat

Mar 21, 2013
catalina 25 fort myers
I am looking to buy a 1986 C25, fin keel 4 foot draft, nissan 6 hp 4 stroke outboard 2007, sails are 4 years old, no rollerfurling, comes with deepdounder, plotter, autopilot, compass, gps, vhf and radio, a force 10 barbecue grill, small one burner butane stove. Generally speaking the boat is in good shape. The asking price is $8995. I would appreciate your input as to what is a fair price for this boat...
Thanks from a confused new sailor..

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
It might be a bit high, but if you're OK...

Because here is the deal; buy the BEST one you can. It works out better in the end.

Imagine having to buy that stuff you listed new. It would cost 5K. Always best to get a good boat with a good setup of the gear you want... you are paying pennies on the dollar for it.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
I agree with jackdaw, you can spend ALOT of time,Money and energy trying to buy a used boat "THAT ONLY NEEDS A LITTLE WORK" or you can spend a little more and get a boat that you can sail affordably and not get caught up with every minute working on the boat. I love to work on our boat, BUT I would like to sail more than work/Fix. A good friend gave me that advise years ago and it has held true.
We just bought a Catalina 310 and are now selling our 1987 25 TR/SK. Someone will get a great boat.

Oct 29, 2012
Catalina 30 TRBS MkII Milwaukee
Having sold my C - 25 two seasons ago, Sounds preety good, if it's as nice as you say.
Good- Luck and enjoy the "new" boat. Kinda of sorta miss mine........

BVIBUM

Jul 9, 2013
Catalina 25 Maryland
I just purchased my 1980 for under $6k but the boat described here has a few more amenities and is newer! Bottom line, is it well maintained and upgraded and is it a good deal for your region compared to other comparable boats.
The fact that it has newer sails is a bonus. Placing them isn't cheap!

Oct 1, 2012
Hunter 28.5 dana point
i just bought my 85 cat25 for 4K with rollerfurling brand new tohatsu four stroke, self tailing winches, new bottom paint, full load of electronics. California has a depressed market and I believe better prices out here, having sold yachts as a job, the one thing I know about Florida and BUC book follows this is that Florida has more hurricane damage boats and thus values are lower in Florida than CA.

worane

Apr 20, 2014
Catalina swing keel 25 geelong
c 25

Sounds fantastic to me. I have a C25 here in Australia. They sell for around $20.000 over here.
I bought mine for $5000.00 because it had gone ashore in a cyclone and still needs everything done to it.
I know your boats are really cheap in the U.S.A. but with all the gear that craft has it has got to be a goer.