Factory Head discharge plumbing diagram.

Nov 30, 2008
Hunter Legend 375 Sidney BC
Can anyone please point me to a factory sanitary plumbing diagram for a Hunter legend 37.5 1991. Thanks

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Most boat builders are the worst sanitation plumbers on the planet because a) they never bother to learn a thing about sewage management (treat it as if it were just another water tank) and... b) they do it the least expensive way instead of the best way. I'll be glad to help you create a trouble-free, odor free system if you'd like to send me a PM.

--Peggie

Nov 30, 2008
Most boat builders are the worst sanitation plumbers on the planet because a) they never bother to learn a thing about sewage management (treat it as if it were just another water tank) and... b) they do it the least expensive way instead of the best way. I'll be glad to help you create a trouble-free, odor free system if you'd like to send me a PM.

--Peggie
Peggie, Thanks for the offer but I have a vacu flush system installed byPO the bellows ripped after only 6 years. No warning and all of a sudden I had poopy water running under the aft cabin bed and all down to the bilge. So looking at going back to the hand pump toilet. Looking for pics or diagram of how the factory ran the discharge hose from the toilet to the holding tank? Thanks again.

Nov 30, 2008
TWalker,
Thanks for the diagram. Yes not much detail. I was hoping to find out how the toilet discharge hose comes out of the toilet and runs to a vented U and then to the tank. Maybe some one with a factory installed system on a Hunter 37.5 can send me some pics. Thanks

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
Touch base with Peggie via a private message with your specific questions/concerns in that regard. She is the expert in all of this! If you can send her photos of current and a diagram of proposed it would likely facilitate your discussions with her.

Nov 30, 2008
[ QUOTE="Hans Baart, post: 1776993, member: 84368"
[/QUOTE]

--Peggie
Peggie,
Did the factory toilet discharge hose to the holding tank have a vented loop? If so how and where was it run?
Cheers Hans

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Hi Hans. Different model 1991 boat, but our toilet discharge hose does not have a vented loop, since it goes directly into the holding tank. The sea water intake line for flushing does have a vented loop, which makes sense. Perhaps your system has the same setup as ours, since we have the same model year. No diagram to share, however. You should be able to trace the discharge line from the toilet to the tank. I suspect it will be a direct run without a vented loop. Other than a clogged discharge hose, which I replaced, no issues with our system.

Nov 30, 2008
Hi Terry,
Thanks for the reply.
I have a vacu flush now with a ripped pump bellows. No warning it was on its way out. So thinking of going back to the manual pump use salt water and no power.
My inlet thru hull is right next to the toilet. How does the line go for the vented U?

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I haven't committed every boat mfr/model's plumbing schematic to memory...but since vented loops aren't required in a toilet discharge line that only flushes into a tank, I'm sure the answer is no.

However, if it's an uphill run from the toilet to the tank, it can be a good idea to put a loop--not vented, just a loop--in the line immediately after the toilet that's just slightly higher than the top of the tank. This cuts way down on the amount of pumping--and therefore the amount of flush water--needed to move bowl contents to the tank 'cuz you only have to pump long enough to push it over the top of the loop, gravity does the rest. You won't ever find that in a factory installed system

As for how the waste comes out of the toilet...there's a fitting on the back of the pump at the bottom of it that the discharge hose goes onto. (It's likely to be on the side of an electric toilet pump/motor assembly).

What's the make/model of your toilet?

--Peggie

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2008
Peggie thanks for the reply.

The toilet is a Sealand vacuum toilet by Dometic.
Where do I put the loop? 1991 Hunter legend.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
My geriatric memory lost that you have a VacuFlush...it doesn't work like any other toilet. I've been going on the assumption you have a "normal" toilet...You don't put a loop in a VF discharge line. I went back and re-read your posts and saw that you're considering replacing it with a "normal" toilet. I would do that, because for the price of a new vacuum pump you can replace it with the complete top rated Raritan Marine Elegance Raritan Marine_Elegance Promo.pdf that has all the "innards" in its pedestal, also uses pressuized fresh water, requires almost -0- maintenance, trouble free, and exceptionally quiet. And the plumbing is straightforward: a flushwater line that tees into the cold water line to your head sink and a discharge line that goes straight to the tank....no loops or anything else needed. I've never met or even heard of anyone who has it who doesn't LOVE it.

Or you COULD go back to pumping a manual toilet (Raritan PH SuperFlush Raritan PH SuperFlush is top rated) and you can find factory installation schematics for it and every other manual toilet...if you want to settle for a factory installation.

Send me a PM if you'd like to discuss all this in more detail than is practical in a discussion forum.

--Peggie