Ex-charter boats

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Gibb

Hello to all , I have a question that you have all probably heard a thousand times , but I cannot seem to get any definitive answers to this so far. I am looking at buying a Beneteau 50 or similar length Beneteau from one of the charter companies that are regularly selling these boats ( No older than 1995) . I wish to know if these particular boats that are built specifically for charter operators , are any different with regard to the basic hull strength and degree of structural integrity I am only concerned with the hull and deck. Thanks and Happy New Year Peter Gibb Perth , Western Australia

P

Peter Gibb

Hello to all , I have a question that you have all probably heard a thousand times , but I cannot seem to get any definitive answers to this so far. I am looking at buying a Beneteau 50 or similar length Beneteau from one of the charter companies that are regularly selling these boats ( No older than 1995) . I wish to know if these particular boats that are built specifically for charter operators , are any different with regard to the basic hull strength and degree of structural integrity I am only concerned with the hull and deck. Thanks and Happy New Year Peter Gibb Perth , Western Australia

C

Charlie Gruetzner - BeneteauOwners.net

charter boats

Peter, to my knowledge the hull and deck construction and strength is typical throughout all Beneteaus. I am not aware of any changes that are are made becasue they are charter boats. Obviously, they are usually 3 or four cabin with muliple heads to accommodate larger groups. I would certainly think that you would want a really good surveyor to go over the boat prior to buying it since they do get a lot of use and in many cases abuse. Good luck Charlie

C

Charlie Gruetzner - BeneteauOwners.net

charter boats

Peter, to my knowledge the hull and deck construction and strength is typical throughout all Beneteaus. I am not aware of any changes that are are made becasue they are charter boats. Obviously, they are usually 3 or four cabin with muliple heads to accommodate larger groups. I would certainly think that you would want a really good surveyor to go over the boat prior to buying it since they do get a lot of use and in many cases abuse. Good luck Charlie

T

Tim

Extra stuff

I've heard they add some extra things like a second water pump (as a backup) and possibly other items that add redundancy. Its also possible they've upped the fresh water and fuel capacity too. Get a good survey prior to buying an ex-charter boat as well. I've seen some horror stories on the 'net regarding purchasing one of these boats. FWIW, I used to watch prices pretty closely when I was in the market and the ex-charter boats always fetch a lesser price. Remember too, if you ever want to sell it you'll always have that ex-charter boat stigma to overcome. If you're asking the question now, think how many buyers will ask that question in the future. Not saying I wouldn't buy one if it were at the right price, I'd just be twice as careful going in to it. Tim

T

Tim

Extra stuff

I've heard they add some extra things like a second water pump (as a backup) and possibly other items that add redundancy. Its also possible they've upped the fresh water and fuel capacity too. Get a good survey prior to buying an ex-charter boat as well. I've seen some horror stories on the 'net regarding purchasing one of these boats. FWIW, I used to watch prices pretty closely when I was in the market and the ex-charter boats always fetch a lesser price. Remember too, if you ever want to sell it you'll always have that ex-charter boat stigma to overcome. If you're asking the question now, think how many buyers will ask that question in the future. Not saying I wouldn't buy one if it were at the right price, I'd just be twice as careful going in to it. Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.