EVA Foam

Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 33.5 Elbow, Saskatchwen, Can.
Good Day
I've been looking into EVA foam for the cockpit.
Does anyone have any long term experience with this material? How hard and how much of a mess is it if it needs to be removed?

Mar 7, 2023
Hunter 28.5 Savannah
I have done exactly what you want to try. Yes it is difficult to remove the adhesive once it’s been applied for some time but will remove maybe with staining but it’s the removal fluids that leave the stains.
I haven’t done the cockpit yet as I need to pressure wash the boat first.

Aug 18, 2018
Hunter 410 MDR
I've been playing with the cheap eva foam over 3 years.
The 1 photo shows a 3 year old worn piece, while others I had already replaced. That's a high wear, no uv protected area, generater sits there, fuel spilled.
For the money/time involved it's a reasonable option. Great sound deadening, feel on feet, my dog even loves it.
Since it's just peel and stick I use a, wide putty knife to scrape the old one off, whole if possible, to use as a template. Making templates is the big PIA. Acetone, combo scraper, wire brush will get most of the previous stuff off but I certainly didn't do it 100% perfectly. Either way the replacements I've done stick just fine.
I don't even really really worry about perfection in cut/fit, no one will ever see it.
Best of all it looks really nice for a few years at least.

Attachments