Escape rumba rigging? help

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cindybe

I just bought an Escape rumba with roller reefing. There are no directions on how to rig and the guy I bought it from had only sailed it twice and without the roller reefing rigged. Please help me, I can find no info except a few pictures on the internet. Is there supposed to be a spring in the mast? All I can see are some ball bearings and the mast turns around. HOw is it going to roll up without a spring of some kind? I want to take my grandsons out sailing. I took lessons on a sunfish about 7 years ago. This is supposed to be much more stable and I wanted the roller reefing. But I have no idea how to rig the boat.

L

lesbrough

I can help

did you find out what you need? If not I can help you as I have a Rumba

Oct 13, 2009
Escape Rumba Columbus
Re: I can help

Lesbrough
How long have you had your Rumba?
I purchased a used one last spring and sailed it this summer. Lots of fun!
One problem I found is the boom is too low for me to comfortably duck under. What do you think about raising the boom 4" by having a section welded into the vertical portion of the boom? How do you think it would affect the sailing?
Thanks
Chuck
chuckoconnor@columbus.rr.com

Oct 13, 2009
Escape Rumba Columbus
cindybe.... this subject was brought up a few weeks ago in this forum.. here's the link to the thread... I think it will help. have fun.

http://forums.sbo.sailboatowners.com/showthread.php?p=643457
Joe:

How long have you had your Rumba?
I purchased a used one last spring and sailed it this summer. Lots of fun!
One problem I found is the boom is too low for me to comfortably duck under. What do you think about raising the boom 4" by having a section welded into the vertical portion of the boom? How do you think it would affect the sailing?
Thanks
Chuck
chuckoconnor@columbus.rr.com

Status
Not open for further replies.