Engine wiring diagram for Hunter 35.5

Jun 4, 2024
Hunter Legend 35.5 Charleston SC
Does anyone have a link? Ours is a 95 model if that matters... Do all the Yanmar GM30's use the same harness? I'm looking at converting to lithium, and I am specifically looking in to what is required to separate the alternator from the house bank....

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Most of the wiring harness will be unaffected by the change in battery chemistry. The alternator output is typically not part of the harness as it should use a larger gauge cable that the wires in the harness. A pretty standard OEM alternator installation has the Alternator output (B+) going to starter motor power lug. From there it goes to the 1-2-All switch to ensure the battery that started the motor gets recharged quickly. Prior owners may have changed this. You will need to do some wire tracing.

Changing to LiFePO4 presents several important concerns, it is not quite as simple as simply dropping in new batteries. How you intend to use your boat will guide you in designing the system. A good place to start is this article from MarineHowTo.com.

Jun 4, 2024
Hunter Legend 35.5 Charleston SC
The alternator output is typically not part of the harness as it should use a larger gauge cable that the wires in the harness. A pretty standard OEM alternator installation has the Alternator output (B+) going to starter motor power lug.

BINGO!!! That is the part I didn't understand, I thought I was looking for a wire from the alt. to the battery switch. That makes this job much less intimidating...

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Rich
Converting your battery system to Lithium is a task with many elements. Carefully explore the details. It is a system, not just a "Buy the batteries and drop them in" project.

MainSail at Drop-In LiFePo4- Be an Educated Consumer has some great info on the subject.

• Helpful