Engine RPM and Hour gauge

• Thread starter Ghislain Gaumond
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ghislain Gaumond

Went to the boat this AM, to performan oil change. Ran the engine for 1/2 hour to warm up oil. Since I log all of my maintenance task, I noticed that the engine running hour gauge did not budge a bit. Last year I ran fine. The RPM portion of the gauge works OK. How can I test this and verify that it is fine? What could cause such an issue? If it needs to be replace, where can I find one other than at Catalina Direct? Thanks, GG Emilie-Jolie C30TRBS # 4708

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Turning the ignition switch ON

should operate the engine hour gage. For a replacement, check the Teleflex website, They make the gages that Seaward installed in your boat. Or look at West Marine, Defender and any other chandlery. Don't know why you don't like Catalina Direct, but it's your boat, your choice.

G

Ghislain Gaumond

I knew I could count on you..

Thanks Stu... It is not that I don't Catalina direct, I have use them in the past. The reality is that being in Canada, the freight, custom and import taxes make it so that by the time you get the part it almost cost you double its US value. Not a question of service. Will check others sources listed. GG Emilie-Jolie C30TRBS #4708

Status
Not open for further replies.