Engine ignition coil

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Len

I have recently purchased a 1977, C27 and it need some engine maintenance, specifically, replacement of the ignition coil. I would like to know what replacement part number to use, and if it can be purchased at a NAPA store or other automotive parts outlet?

L

Len

Transmission noise

My newly purchased 1977,C27 requires a lot of force to engage the transmission into foreward gear...is this "normal"? Also, when shifting into reverse, it requires brute force to do this and it makes grinding noises...Is this normal?

T

Todd Osborne

Transmission shift cable

Transmissions can make a whirring noise in reverse, as the gears are worn in to work best in Fwd similar to an automobile transmission. If there is an irregular grinding noise, I'd have it looked at. Worst case, your transmission is (becomming) toast, check the tranny fluid for telltale signs (level, contaminants, metal shavings). My shifting cable froze up from saltwater in my bilge splashing up onto my shift cable. I removed the cotter pin connecting it to the tranny & it still didn't budge. I sprayed some protectant/lubricant onto the cable where it goes into the housing, then worked the shifter until it moved freely again. If your cable is too corroded, you may need to replace it. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.