End of a lost season.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
I took advantage of the beautiful 60 degree day yesterday to put an end to the lost summer of 2015. I re winterized the diesel and put the winter cover on. No work got done on the soft deck as without asking the marina had moved her to the back row and added a number of boats in front of her. No way to get her to the crane to drop the mast without moving a dozen boats. I will notify them that I need it done in the spring. I think I can do at least half the job (aft of the bulkhead) with the mast in place anyhow.
I got some small satisfaction in making a set of winter companionway boards from 3/4" plywood. This allows me to take the companionway boards home to strip and refinish them at home. I tried to do it one afternoon at the marina but there are just too many layers of Cetol. The arced cut at the top was done at 45 degrees with a circular saw gave out after hitting a knot. I wiped some teak oil on the plywood for protection.

Attachments

Aug 14, 2014
S2 9.2A Selby Bay, MD
Bob,
Sorry to hear that it was a lost season. Hopefully things will get resolved before next spring.
When refinishing the companionway panels, I did the same thing in order to bring the panels home for refinishing. There was not way that or the grab rails were an in-place job. I do plan on adding a few coats of varnish at the boat now that they had been fully refinished last year.