Electro Marine Systems Inc. Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim

Well, buying a vintage boat is certainly a challenge. Twenty years does lay a lot of companies to waste on the business landscape but you all helped me find out what happened to my alcohol stove manufacturer, so I thought maybe we can get some help with this depth sounder. Does anyone out there know what might have happened to Electro Marine Systems Inc. (EMS) formerly of East Amherst, New York? Did someone buy them or they are they around somewhere where the internet can't find them under their old name? They are the outfit which built the electronic depth sounder/knot meter/log currently installed on my 1980 O'Day. Having a bit of trouble with the depth sounder reradout portion of the display while the knot meter is registering its digits fine in another area of the screen. Any leads on the source of the problem, the quick easy fix to the problem :), or the whereabouts of the company or its remnants most appreciated... Also, any clue as to what frequency this depth sounder operates at could help me avoid having to replace the thru the hull transducer with what will no doubt otherwise be a different sized new unit. Fair Winds & Thanks, Jim

C

Chuck

Electro Marine -

Electro Marine went out of business in 1987. The listing in the Buffalo phone book refered me to: Moor Electonics, Inc. 95 Dorothy Buffalo, NY 14206 phone (716)821-5304 They are now servicing Electro Marine equipment. Let me know if I can help in any way. cdickhut@earthwatchwaste.com S/V Kililani h31

J

Jim

Thanks Much Chuck

Wow! What a find. Called Moor Electronics today. A great guy named Hank answered the phone who knew my 20 year old old EMS Depth Sounder unit inside out,down to every wire in the schematic. The really good news is Moor makes a unit which is completely compatible with my thru-hull transducer both electonically and physically. Thanks for going through the trouble of tracking EMS/Moor down for me. Really a great find. Regards, Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.