Electrical Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
I'm in the process of installing a Link 1000 our 1991 P42 and I have a question. A 2-0 negative cable connects the upper 8D to the lower 8D. Another 2-0 cable leaves the lower 8D, up to a cable race behind the upper 8D and into a white two inch plastic PVC vertical pipe on the starboard side of the engine compartment. This pipe extends below the engine bilge but I cannot figure out where the 2-0 cable goes. I'm assuming this is the main system ground, but where does it connect? I've checked behind the power panel at the nav station, but no 2-0 cable. Is there a negative buss somewhere that it terminates? Perhaps to one of the keel bolts?! Thanks. Terry

Dec 2, 2003
- - Seabeck WA
Hi Terry

You know what the problem is,,,,, there's a Republica,,,,oh no, wait! Wrong board. ;) No ground cable of your 12VDC system must ever connect to your keel bolts. Only to the common 12 volt accessories, including your engine. I'm sure you'll find it there. Start poking around the bell housing.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Don Martin from Hunter Marine Customer...

Service sent me the following reply to my question: "This sounds like the main ground that would be connected to the transmission housing or possibly the ground for the anchor windlass; it would not be connected to a keel stud". Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.