electrical issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hfmckevitt

I am having problems with gages on the deck at the wheel, the wind and depth gage have stopped working and I cannot seem to trace the system. Does anyone have electical plans for the S2 9.2C

Thank you
Henry
hfmckevitt@comcast.net

May 2, 2008
S2 9.2C 1980 St. Leonard (Chesapeake Bay), MD
I have the most basic electrical schematic that shows the starter electrical system. That would not help you. As far as I know, there is no schematic for the OEM electrical system. Having said that, I don't think it would help you even if it exists. I would think that your wind and depth gauges are owner installed and not part of the original wiring. What year is the boat, what make gauges are they? Are you getting power but no reading or are they completely powerless? It should be easy to trace the wiring but is your problem a power problem or something else?

H

hfmckevitt

Thanks

I have the most basic electrical schematic that shows the starter electrical system. That would not help you. As far as I know, there is no schematic for the OEM electrical system. Having said that, I don't think it would help you even if it exists. I would think that your wind and depth gauges are owner installed and not part of the original wiring. What year is the boat, what make gauges are they? Are you getting power but no reading or are they completely powerless? It should be easy to trace the wiring but is your problem a power problem or something else?
Thank you, I have power to both the depth sounder Horizon D45 and the wind gage. They both appear to be original to the boat S2 9.2C 1981. I have the original paper work as well as the original manuals for each. I read that if could be the fact that the previous owner hooked up two batteries (24 Volts) rather then as two indiviual battery. Next week I plan on tracing every wire back to its source. Hopefully I find something.

Thanks
Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.