Electrical Connection Access in Step Mast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2006
- - Pasadena Md
I am needing to check the terminal block I am told exists in my step mast to which my apparent wind meter is connect. Both direction and speed stopped working following a recent heavy storm where I noted water leaking down the mast. I've had the head checked out and now suspect a bad connection at the foot of the mast. Is it possible to remove one of the step mast boards with the mast in place? I have removed the screws for the board in the head (forward) and then stopped realizing the mast bolts may go in to all four boards or perhaps the board I chose. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

B

Bill

remove sheaves

The actual electrical connections should be above the mast step. If it was set up well, there should be some sort of plug which is accessible by taking out one set of the sheaves at the bottom of the mast. There are probably no connections in the center area of the compression post.

J

John

Electrical connection

It took me a couple of years to get it right. Inside the mast, just abouve the deck, on my 83 Catalina 30TR is a "trailer type" connection which connects all the electrical lights on the mast. I replaced it with a new plug when the mast was removed and hooked up a battery to trace and test everything. Make sure if you do this to leave plenty of extra wire inside the mast to make removal and installation easier.

Jun 11, 2006
- - Pasadena Md
Thank you both

Thank you both for saving me the wasted time of disassembling my step mast! I will remove one of the sheave assemblies at the bottom of the mast and see if I can at least view the plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.