electric fuel pump - universal M-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
I have a Universal M-18 engine with an electric fuel pump mounted near the fuel tank. It is the cylindrical type Facet pump. I want a spare and see that there are generally three models to be had, 2.75-4 PSI, 4-5.5 PSI, and 6-8 PSI. All deliver about 32 gallons per hour.

Does anybody know which PSI pump I should have or how I can find out?

Thanks for the help.

Richard

bria46

Jan 15, 2011
Oday 272 Waukegan, IL, Sarasota, FL
Check with Westerbeke or Marine Diesel Direct

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
The Yanmar mechanical lift pump provides about 1.5 PSI to the secondary filter and injector pump so the lower pressure one is most likely sufficient unless you have a tank that is a couple of feet below the injection pump.. or an exceptionally long line to the engine from the tank..(yes I know that the Westerbeke is different but the injection pumps are very similar) consider that you can gravity feed the injection pump from less than 1 foot of height.. which is around 0.35 PSIg.. The medium pressure pump would be fine too, because a little excess feed pressure won't hurt anything..I'd not go with the highest pressure one.. Have you looked at your pump housing for numbers and a model/type designator?

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
Thanks for the replys. Duh, the obvious answer is to look at what I have. Sometimes I can be a little slow. So I looked at it this weekend and saw 574A. Googled this and it turns out to be the UL listing number. I did find a site that showed where Facet normally stamped the part number so will take a look for that next weekend.

Thanks again for thaking the time to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.