Eight bells for Roadking Larry

Jul 23, 2009
Beneteau 31 Oceanis Grand Lake, Oklahoma
I've been putting this off for as long as I could, but the sail club had an event in his memory tonight, it's time.

On February 5th my good friend Larry Miers took his own life.

I didn't know anything was wrong in his life. He retired about three years ago. We worked and sailed together, starting about 2008. We shared many other internists: guns, mechanics, aviation & RC aircraft, music & beer.

I feel that this is a injury that I will never fully recover from. Suicide is a terrible thing to put your family and friends through.

Thanks for listening.

Troy

• Sad
Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Troy, I am sorry for your loss. Suicide is among the most tragic deaths because it is an act of desperation and it leaves friends and families grieving and feeling helpless, like they should have known better and could have done something to prevent it. There are support groups for the friends and families of those who have taken their own lives, please reach out to the groups in your area for support during this tragedy.

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available for anyone in crisis by dialing 988.

My deepest condolences to you and Larry's family and friends.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Sorry to hear, Troy. Sad to lose a good sailing buddy.. even sadder and perplexing to lose one that way.. Condolences.